TV and Radio Listings, EvolvedPublished: 12 March 2010
After months of development and testing, BUFVC has released the new Television and Radio Index for Learning and Teaching (TRILT). This will ensure that it remains the best UK source of television and radio data for education on the web. The new system continues to allow licensed educational establishments to obtain copies of programmes broadcast on selected channels since 1998 from the BUFVC off-air recording backup service. For more information on some of the changes you will notice please see below.
The latest changes on TRILT bring our members a much faster database and a more accessible interface. The previous version served our members well for some 9 years. The new system gives access to more than 15 million records (updated amount November 2012) and serves tens of thousands of user accounts.
As with all interface changes it will take some time to get used to the new system and we will continue to tweak it following your feedback. Some key changes are:
- The new channel selection tool in Advanced Search and Listings is much easier to use, just click on the channels you wish to highlight and search under.
- Listings now come in grid and list mode, swap between the two by clicking a button.
- You may use the system without logging in but but searches and listings are restricted to a time period starting two weeks before the current day.
- MyTrilt is gone, previous functions are now split between ‘preferences’, ‘saved searches’ and ‘marked records’ on the left-hand menu.
- Director and performer names are now ‘click-able’ within each record
To provide us with feedback please email email@example.com, we look forward to hearing from you.