BoB National is a shared online off-air TV and radio recording service for education. BoB (short for Box of Broadcasts) enables allstaff and students in subscribing higher and further education institutions to view, record, create clips and share any broadcast programmes from over 60 TV and radio channels. The recorded programmes are then kept indefinitely and searched and shared by all users.
BoB National can dramatically enhance the learning and teaching experience. Academics use it to engage students by adding clips or programmes to their lectures and VLEs, whereas students can use it to re-cap on important topics, enhance their research and improve their subject knowledge.
Do even more with new features and content
- View over 1 million TV and radio programmes including additional off-air recordings from the BBC going back to 2007
- Access more than ten foreign language channels
- Record from an extended 30-day buffer
- Display and search transcripts and thumbnails
- Watch BoB on handheld devices
- Create clips, playlists and clip compilations easily
- Find a one-click citation to reference programmes in your work
- Enjoy a new-look website and improved navigation
- Share what you’re watching on Twitter
- Add comments to programmes and clips
For the latest BoB National news join us on Twitter: @bufvc_bob
Download a new poster with details about the BoB National service.
Initially launched in March 2009, BoB National is a result of a partnership between the BUFVC, Cambridge Imaging Systems and Bournemouth University. Subscription is limited to institutions holding a valid ERA licence and BUFVC membership.