BoB is an on demand TV and radio service for education, enableing all staff and students in subscribing institutions to view, record, create clips and share any broadcast programmes from nearly 70 TV and radio channels. The recorded programmes are then kept indefinitely and shared by all users.
BoB can dramatically enhance the learning and teaching experience. Academics use it to engage students by adding clips or programmes to their lectures and VLEs, whereas students can use it to re-cap on important topics, enhance their research and improve their subject knowledge.
Do even more with new features and content
BoB has recently undergone a major new upgrade resulting in the addition of new features and content. Users can now:
- View over 1.5 million TV and radio programmes including additional off-air recordings from the BBC going back to 2007
- Access more than ten foreign language channels
- Record from an extended 30-day buffer
- Display and search transcripts and thumbnails
- Watch BoB on handheld devices
- Create clips, playlists and clip compilations easily
- Find a one-click citation to reference programmes in your work
- Enjoy a new-look website and improved navigation
- Share what you’re watching on Twitter
- Add comments to programmes and clips
For the latest BoB National news join us on Twitter: @bufvc_bob
Initially launched in March 2009, BoB is the result of a partnership between Learning on Screen, Imagen Ltd and Bournemouth University. Subscription is limited to institutions holding a valid ERA licence and Learning on Screen membership.