BoB is our on demand TV and radio service for education. Our academically-focused system allows staff and students at subscribing institutions to record programmes from over 65 free-to-air channels, and search our archive of over 2 million broadcasts.
Create a modern and engaging learning experience that meets the expectations of students, with a reliable and academically focused archive of programmes.
BoB is currently used by over 120 universities and colleges to enhance teaching and learning.
On 1 August 2016, we’ll be upgrading BoB, introducing a fresh look, enhanced video quality and more powerful searching capabilities. Find out a little more about what we have in store…
With BoB you can…
• Access 2 million broadcasts dating back to the 1990s
• Record from over 65 free-to-air channels
• Create your own playlists, clips and clip compilations
• Search programme transcripts and subtitles
• Embed content in VLEs and share on social media
• One-click citation for easy academic referencing
• Available on all devices
• Fully accessible by all staff and students
Access content from…
• BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Four, ITV, Channel 4, Film4 and more
• 10 foreign language channels: Italian, French, German and Welsh
• BBC Shakespeare Archive content dating back to the 1950s
BoB enables education institutions to use their ERA Licence. BoB is only available in the UK.
Initially launched in March 2009, BoB is the result of a partnership between Learning on Screen, Imagen Ltd and Bournemouth University. Subscription is limited to institutions holding a valid ERA licence and Learning on Screen membership.