Viewfinder 98 was published in March 2015.
Contents of this issue:
SHAKESPEARE GLOBE PLAYER GOES LIVE
In November 2014 Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre launched its new video on-demand platform. Emma Draper provides an overview.
GOING BACK TO THE FUTURE
Professor James Chapman, University of Leicester, looks in detail at a new book on science fiction cinema.
Catherine Chambers, Senior Producer at The Open University, explores why storytelling is the key to engaging learners with short form video in informal and formal learning.
SISTERHOOD AND AFTER – ORAL HISTORIES
The Women’s Liberation Movement Oral History Project aims to provide a permanent archive on the pioneering work undertaken by feminists from the 1960s to the 1980s. Dr Margaretta Jolly, Reader in Cultural Studies, University of Sussex and Dr Polly Russell, Lead Curator, The British Library provide a guide to a valuable historical resource.
Iain Borden, Professor of Architecture and Urban Culture at the Bartlett School of Architecture, UCL, explores the fascination in movies with cars and driving.
- Rebecca Williams: Screening Twilight edited byWickham Clayton & Sarah Harman
- Dr Simon Goodwin: COSMOS: A SPACETIME ODYSSEY (DVD)
- Stephen Connor: The Imperial Gothic by Johan Hoglund
- Dr William Hope: Marx at the Movies edited by Ewa Mazierska & Lars Kristensen
- Dr Erica Sheen: Shakespeare, Dissent and the Cold War by Alfred Thomas
Front Cover: Rebecca Johnson being arrested – see Sisterhood and After article.
Image: Photo used with permission from Rebecca Johnson.