Viewfinder 102 was published in March 2016.
This year will see a national celebration of the Bard’s work, as Hilary Bishop, Director of the RES Project for the BBC and Editor for BBC Archive Development explains.
SHAKESPEARE LIVES AT THE BUFVC
A showcase of the BUFVC’s resources and project work relating to ‘Shakespeare on Screen’ in universities, colleges and schools.
NEW FRONTIERS IN THE SPAGHETTI WEST
Dr. Lee Broughton gives an overview of his three-year research project, ‘Interpreting Representations of ‘North’ and ‘South’ in the Spaghetti West’, which seeks to critically examine, interpret and evaluate the symbolic representations of North and South that are found in Italian Westerns.
STREAMING VISUAL LITERACY
Kevin Wilson, Subject Librarian for the Institute for Management Studies and Audiovisual Librarian at Goldsmiths College, asks, what does video streaming mean for the higher education library?
BUFVC LIBRARY OPENS ITS DOORS
The Library Door Project has enabled public access to the BUFVC’s unique collection of books, journals and catalogues relating to moving image and sound in education. Olwen Terris, BUFVC’s Specialist Resource Officer, welcomes you through the Library Door.
- Dr Sarah Barrow: Latin American Cinema by Stephen M. Hart
- Dr Miles Booy: THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN Miniseries (DVD)
- Dr Glyn Davis: A History of 1970s Experimental Film: Britain’s Decade of Diversity by Patti Gaal-Holmes
- Dr Lindsay Steenberg: American Neo-Noir: The Movie Never Ends by Alain Silver and James Ursini
- Prof Paul Wells: British Television Animation 1997–2010: Drawing Comic Tradition by Van Norris
- Dr Deimantas Valančiūnas: Bollywood’s India: Hindi Cinema as a Guide to Contemporary India by Rachel Dwyer