Encoding Digital Video for Streaming and Network Delivery – Introduction
Presented by: Greg Newton-Ingham (Yukoo) and Murray Weston (BUFVC)
Next available date: Wednesday 23 October 2013
This course offers an introduction to digitising moving images for online delivery and tackles problems, which may be encountered in the process. Relevant to university academic services support staff with a special interest in the delivery of moving pictures and sound online. It offers instruction on solving the problems and issues relating to digitising moving images for online delivery covering:
- copyright status and educational exceptions
- video content – producing new content or reusing existing footage
- analogue and digital formats, telecine transfer
- encoding, storing and networking content
- forms of delivery and use
Participants on this course will not be expected to have had prior experience in handling moving images in an IT environment.
‘Excellent presenters who obviously had good knowledge and were enthusiastic.’ Rich Coleman, Exeter College
- Standard rate: £153.33 plus VAT at 20%
- BUFVC member rate: £130 plus VAT at 20%
- BUFVC Premier member rate: £107.50 plus VAT at 20%
Please note: Course fees are per person and include a sandwich lunch and refreshments.