Encoding Digital Video for Streaming and Network Delivery – Advanced
Next available date: Thursday 24 October 2013
Designed to follow on from the introductory course, this course offers greater technical insight into the problems involved with digitising moving images for online delivery, addressing considerations such as system software, compression and server technology.
This one day course will provide detailed technical instruction on the following:
- considerations when producing moving image content
- system software and file formats for moving images
- compression; comparing codecs and tools for use
- storage and networking
- server technology, backing up and archiving
Although this is offered as a one-day course, it is recommended that participants should have previously attended the Introductory level course or will already have experience of delivering time-based media via the web.
‘Very enjoyable course.’ Karen Carey, University of Oxford
- Standard rate: £153.33 plus VAT at 20%
- BUFVC member rate: £130 plus VAT at 20%
- BUFVC Premier member rate: £107.50 plus VAT at 20%
Please note: Course fees are per person and include a sandwich lunch and refreshments.