Terms and Conditions
WEBSITE USAGE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE BRITISH UNIVERSITIES FILM & VIDEO COUNCIL (BUFVC) AND THE USER
- Use of this Site constitutes agreement with the following terms and conditions.
- BUFVC maintains this web site (the “Site”) as a courtesy to those who may choose to access the Site (“Users”) . The information presented herein is for informative purposes only. BUFVC is pleased to allow Users to visit the Site and stream, download and copy the information, documents and materials (collectively, “Materials”) from the Site for User’s personal, non-commercial use, without any right to resell, redistribute or create derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions outlined below, and also subject to more specific conditions or restrictions that may apply to specific material within this Site.
- The BUFVC administers this Site. All Material on this Site from the various contributors of BUFVC appears on this Site subject to these terms and conditions. In addition, the contributors of BUFVC may have additional terms and conditions that govern the use of their material.
- Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings interpretations and conclusions expressed in the Materials in this Site are those of the various authors of the work and are not necessarily those of BUFVC or the contributing institutions.
- MATERIALS PROVIDED ON THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BUFVC specifically does not make any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any such Materials. BUFVC periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the Materials on this Site without notice. Under no circumstances shall BUFVC be liable for any loss, damage, liability or expense incurred or suffered which is claimed to resulted from use of this Site, including without limitation, any fault, error, omission, interruption or delay with respect thereto. Use of this Site is at User’s sole risk. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall BUFVC or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if BUFVC has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- User specifically acknowledges and agrees that BUFVC is not liable for any conduct of any User.
- This site may contain advice, opinions, and statements of various information providers and content providers. BUFVC does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, or any user of this site or other person or entity. Reliance upon any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information shall also be at your own risk. Neither BUFVC nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, timeliness, completeness, deletion, defect, failure of performance, computer virus, communication line failure, alteration of, or use of any content herein, regardless of cause, for any damages resulting therefrom.
- As a condition of use of this Site, User agrees to indemnify BUFVC and its affiliates from and against any and all actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out User’s use of this Site, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by User of these terms and conditions. If User is dissatisfied with any material on this Site or with any of terms and conditions of use of this Site, User’s sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using this Site.
Links to third-party web sites
- This Site contains links to third-party web sites. The linked sites are not under the control of BUFVC and BUFVC is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. BUFVC provides these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by BUFVC.
- User acknowledges that all Forums or Discussion Groups are public and not private communications. Further, User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails and other communications by other users are not endorsed by BUFVC, and such communications shall not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by BUFVC. BUFVC reserves the right for any reason to remove without notice any contents of the Forums received from Users, including without limitation e-mail and bulletin board postings.
- If this Site contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, access to mailing lists or other message or communication facilities (collectively, “Forums”), User agrees to use the Forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular Forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, User agrees that when using a Forum, User shall not do any of the following:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded.
- Advertise or offer to sell any goods or services, or conduct or forward surveys, contests, or chain letters. Download any file posted by another user of a Forum that you know, or reasonably should know, cannot be legally distributed in such manner.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
- This Agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United Kingdom.
- BUFVC reserves its exclusive right in its sole discretion to alter, limit or discontinue the site or any Materials in any respect. BUFVC shall have no obligation to take the needs of any user into consideration in connection therewith.
- BUFVC reserves the right to deny in its sole discretion any user access to this Site or any portion thereof without notice.
- No waiver by BUFVC of any provision of this Agreement shall be binding except as set forth in a writing signed by its duly authorized representative.