BFI Statistical Yearbook 2012 publishedPublished: 26 July 2012
Compiled by the BFI’s Research and Statistics Unit, the Statistical Yearbook presents the most comprehensive picture of film in the UK and the performance of British films abroad during 2011.
Now in its tenth year, the Yearbook aims to provide a valuable evidence base for industry and policy-makers.
Highlights from the Yearbook include the fact that in 2011:
- 558 films were released in the UK
- the film industry’s direct contribution to GDP was £3.3 billion
- Britons watched an average of 87 films per person
- television accounted for 77% of all film viewings
- sales of films on physical video formats were down 5%
The full report, 2012 Statistical Yearbook, can be found at: www.bfi.org.uk/statisticalyearbook2012